1. Market insights/campaign targeting:
We have spent the past 25 years speaking to marketing decision makers on behalf of our clients, capturing both company and decision-maker data from across all the key industry sectors.
This knowledge enables us to identify trends and patterns in buying behaviour, to help ensure that your new business campaign is on track and that you are talking to the right people at the right time with the right offer.
2. Sales hooks/proposition development:
When all’s said and done, we are a sales outfit and are therefore very well placed to help you identify and develop your point of difference, sales hooks and any Trojan Horses you may have up your sleeve.
This will improve your conversion rates to quality meetings and ultimately help you secure more new business.
We will also help you develop the most effective sales collateral to support your proposition, advise you how to create meaningful blogs, White Papers and tweets, as well as critiquing your website.
3. Data/lead sourcing:
Most data you buy from a list broker is segmented by market sector, size, location and marketing spend. That’s fine when you have a sector specific proposition, for example, a corporate communications offer for financial and professional services companies. However, agencies are increasingly looking to target companies with a similar profile or who are facing similar challenges which can often be non-sector specific – for example, family run businesses.
We are skilled in identifying companies who have similar characteristics/profiles and can help you find and source these.
- How many calls should you make per day?
- How many calls do you need to make to speak to a decision maker?
- How many decision maker conversations do you need in order to set a quality meeting
- How many of these meetings are likely to rearrange/cancel?
- How many meetings do you need to attend to generate a short-term opportunity/brief?
- How many of these short-term opportunities/briefs should you be able to convert to business?
If you know all the answers to these questions, then great. If you don’t, then we can help you set a series of KPIs. They are based on the thousands of calls we make every day/month/year and our ability to capture these statistics by market sector, by decision maker level, by proposition, by marketing discipline etc.
5. Telephone sales coaching:
It sounds easy, doesn’t it? Picking up the phone a few times a day and speaking to a few people but I think that anyone who has tried to do this for themselves will know how difficult it is:
- How do you identify the true decision maker?
- How do you get past the gatekeeper and other barriers?
- How do you engage with a prospect within seconds and establish your right to have a meaningful conversation with them?
- How do you ask the right questions without seeming to pry
- How do you handle their objections effectively
- How do you provide evidence that you can help them?
- How do you close on an agreed action?
We run both classroom based training/role plays and on the job coaching to help either yourself or your new business team with cold calling or following up a marketing initiative.
We can also offer you a help line to support you with the unforeseen challenges!
6. Face to face meetings coaching:
Cold meetings are a very different kettle of fish to a warm, referral based meeting and as such, you need to understand and optimise several key elements:
- How to prepare for the meeting, develop insights and take the right collateral
- How to set the scene effectively
- How to bridge the gap and ask questions to identify the prospect’s challenges, priorities and needs
- How to pre-empt and handle objections
- How to show and tell case studies
- How to summarise
- How to close the meeting on agreement to the next actions
- How to follow the meeting and nurture the slow-burns
7. Staff recruitment, retention and motivation:
The key to managing, retaining and motivating a performing sales team (or individual) is equipping them with all the points mentioned above!
In addition, we have learnt pretty much all there is to learn about how to recruit and get the best out of sales people over the past 25 years.
We will share our best practice learnings with you and help you develop an incentive scheme that works.